Thursday 3 March 2016

Stress Management with the Happiness Program


Stress is one of the most challenging opponents to effectiveness, efficiency and productivity in this age that sees neck-to-neck competitions even for the slightest of things, demanding high levels of performance all the time. Managing stress is another stressful task that often seems to leave us simply too tired. We end up staying for too long with low levels of all that we require — productivity, performance, happiness, fun, concentration and joy. 
The Art of Living Happiness Program is a journey into some of the most memorable experiences on the planet. A workshop aimed at all-round personal development and upliftment, it takes one through the realms of ancient knowledge, offering techniques and practices that work remarkably well in boosting all-round performance while working to relieve stress and bring joy.
The Art of Living Happiness Program offers ancient knowledge through the techniques of meditation and relaxation. The various sutras taught in the program render remarkable performance and standards of productivity and are incredibly easy to apply in daily life. At the cornerstone of all Art of Living programs lies a breathing technique discovered by His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar — the Sudarshan Kriya which has seen remarkable results throughout the world in stress management. Basing itself essentially on the working of the rhythms of the breath, it works to eliminate stress while making thesystem fit to effectively, almost effortlessly deal with stress.
My experience goes all the way back to June 2009 when my father, right after completing The Art of Living Happiness Program told me to attend a session that was about to take place near my house. Like many others, I had preconceived notions about and I resisted. But finally I had to give in and now I stand out proud of what my dad did.
My days as a student used to be spent dealing with various pressures from career to peer pressure. I had, for too long, remained overpowered by frustration, anxiety, headache, fever and other symptomsthat arrive concomitantly with skyrocketing levels of stress. While being considerably talented, I had forgotten what I was capable of doing and it was a nightmare. But the workshop flipped it all.
I was taken aback on the very first day of my workshop. The knowledge shared answered all the queries that I had ever had. My first experience of the various techniques of meditation and relaxation especially the Sudarshan Kriya was one thing that changed my life completely. I moved from a a disturbed, angry and agitated state of mind to a mind filled with energy, positivity, enthusiasm and happiness. I moved from a NO!’ mind to a YES!’ mind. The daily practice ensured days filled with energy and productivity. I was completely stress-free. I was so thrilled that from that day, way back six years ago, I have been practicing the Sudarshan Kriya everyday. It also brought me closer to spirituality and I consider myself one of the luckiest people on the planet to have been a part of this workshop.


- Anshay Chopra 

We are sharing a series of articles contributed by upcoming writers on this blog.  Many are experiences of people on the various programs of the Art of Living. Opinions expressed are their own. )

Join us for the World Culture Festival - March 11-13, 2016 at Delhi. 
http://www.artofliving.org/world-culture-festival



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this amazing blog about stress management. Its very useful for everyone. If someone looking for best stress management program!I would to suggest "Seed consultation" a best stress management program services agency.

    ReplyDelete